Welcome to the site dedicated to the Tanzania Expedition. You will find lots of useful information and links to great web sites related to the trip. Some of the information is residual from the 2010, 2012 and 2014 trips - but new material related to the current - 2016 - expedition is being added all the time. Scroll down to find the links..
- Population of 43.7 million people (UNICEF) includes over 120 different ethnic groups
- 3 million orphans (1.3 million due to HIV/AIDS)
- 1.4 million people living with AIDS (UNICEF)
- Religion: About 45% of Tanzanians are Christian, 45% are Muslim and 10% follow indigenous belief systems.
- Life expectancy at birth: 56
- 89% of people live below the international poverty live of $1.25 per day
- 22% of children are malnourished
- Only 35% of 15-19 year old female adolescents have a comprehensive knowledge of HIV