Lesson 3 - Tue 1 March
- Mr Stephen taught us how to activate or blogs and how to make journal entries for everyone to read.
I have used safari during this class in order to access the blog and enter my entries.
I did not encounter any technical difficulties however I realised that I was not concentrating well during class. I believe that this sort of behaviour is not acceptable and should consider looking back at what I have done and think before I act.
Lesson 2 - Mon 28 Feb
- Mr Stephens taught is data types and how to search data
I had problems exiting the search window. Once i opened the search tab, I couldn't get back to the field view. But i found out that there is a button on the top right of the window which enables me to close the search window and get back to the field views.
Lesson 1 - Thur 24 Feb
- Mr Stephens introduced us to out Scout Database task.
- We took a look at a sample database build in Filemaker pro.
- Mr Stephens also have us a handout detailing the Data processing cycle which we are currently working through.
- One difficulty i experiences was when trying to save to my network home directory it did not appear on the desktop. I asked how to make it appear and now know that i need to use the "Mount Shares" icon on the desktop first to load the shares, then do the save.